Each week, take 5 minutes for students to talk
about their faith-sharing stories
- Stories could be about them praying for unreached friends, how they are serving friends through acts of kindness, or initiating spiritual conversations and sharing the message of the gospel.
- Mix up the sharing format each week – share in pairs, small groups, or in front of the whole group.
- Encourage students to share the good, the bad, and the ugly of having gospel conversations (including missed opportunities they thought of afterward).
- After each story, stop and have someone pray specifically for the people involved
As you routinely incorporate this storytelling time into your ongoing programming, it will help keep sharing their faith on your students’ radar in their day-to-day lives. Additionally, your students will be challenged and encouraged by each other’s efforts!
- To successfully insert Take 5 into your weekly programming, you might want to talk to a couple of your student leaders ahead of time and ask them to be ready to share something during the first few weeks to help get the ball rolling.
- Be ready to share stories about your own personal faith-sharing efforts as well!