how to share the gospel
Learn how to share the Gospel
Learn how to share the Gospel with a practical, 5-minute crash course training by Greg Stier and a set of resources designed to help activate a bold and daring faith!
Many teens and adults don’t share their faith simply because they don’t know how to bring it up or explain the Gospel. An easy and simple way to start Gospel conversations is through the Ask-Admire-Admit strategy:
- ASK: Get to know people. Listen to them and learn their story. Ask questions about their background and spirituality.
- ADMIRE: As a person shares their faith background, point out things about their religion you admire (i.e. dedication, missions).
- ADMIT: Emphasize that as a Christian, you are a messed up sinner who needs salvation. Transition into your story and the story of the Gospel.
As you transition into the Gospel story, use the G.O.S.P.E.L. method to explain what you believe.
- God created us to be with Him.
- Our sins separate us from God
- Sins cannot be removed by good deeds.
- Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again.
- Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life.
- Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever.
End the conversation with these two questions:
- Does that make sense?
- Is there anything holding you back right now from putting your faith in Jesus?
Resources for your Gospel-sharing journey
One of the ways we help teens (and adults) share their faith is by providing conversation techniques and resources. From mobile apps and Gospel-sharing methods to printable resources, we have the tools to help get people comfortable sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
Life in 6 Words App
Use this powerful app to walk someone through a clear, visually-compelling explanation of the G.O.S.P.E.L. and invite them to put their trust in Jesus.
Life in 6 Words Video
A spoken word presentation of the G.O.S.P.E.L., this is a simple video tool to begin a spiritual conversation with a friend.
Dare 2 Share: A Field Guide to Sharing Your Faith
Learn how to intentionally engage others in real, give-and-take dialogue and invite them into the most life-changing relationship they’ll ever experience. This book features profiles on various belief systems and includes conversation starters to help you have honest, authentic spiritual dialogue. It also includes a Discussion Guide to help you unpack and apply all you’re learning.
Free Teen Gospel-Sharing Resources
Learn the G.O.S.P.E.L. acrostic tool, check out helpful mobile apps, learn how to engage people from other religions, and learn more about THE Cause of Christ with our free resources for teenagers!
Have friends who are atheists? Agnostics? Into Wicca? Check out these thirteen predominate worldviews for insights that will help you effectively share your faith with others. When you share the Gospel with someone who believes differently than you about Jesus, be sure to “ask, admire and admit.”
start building a gospel advancing ministry
Equip your students to share the Gospel every week with help from these weekly tips and youth leader trainings.